You may be looking for: The Blur (Earth 1016).
Elreak Ianros, more commonly known as The Blur, is currently 21, and a former member of the S.P.L.A.C.K Agency but now one of the founding members of the Super Alliance. He is a superhero capable of travelling at superspeed, opening dimensional portals and more by utilising the Speed Energy of the No-Space. A dimension deprived from light, sound and doesn't obey the rules of time either. Just an endless abyss with powerful properties. Except within his HQ called 'The S.H.A.R.C'. As it was once part of the normal world, the interior maintains light, sound and the same concept of time. As it is his old house that got trapped in the No-Space, he uses it as his Private HQ so that he may store equipment, supplies and focus on honing is powers from there. He aids the Super Alliance by training new recruits to control their powers so that they may use them for good. He also regularly fights alongside his division codenamed 'Alpha'. The Blur lives by his own code: "Never Give Up, Never Give In, And Even When All Seems Lost... Never Lose Hope." Although he does not currently have a sidekick, he works alongside his best friend, Toxi along with his fiancé, Echo. His archenemy The Mystic Monolith has been reported numerous times around Aik City, but The Blur has been unable to catch him as he vanishes right before The Blur is able to catch him.
Elreak Ianros (AKA The Blur ) never had much of a life. His parents abandoned him at a very young age and was then raised in a foster home. He was then put into a school at the age of 12. For 3 years he succeeded well at almost every subject and because of this, was recruited into the young agents program at the A.L.M.O.D.A. He befriended Arika, who would soon become his best friends and superhero allies. The two would constantly be bullied by those around them, constantly being the talk of the school for their weirdness and idiocy. But, when Arika wasn't around, Elreak used his 'skills' to repel those who would bring her harm... But he never told her about his secret life, and then it became all too late. When a villain destroyed the A.L.M.O.D.A HQ using a mole within the agency to blow it up in 2010, his entire life was turned upside down. The agents were uncoordinated, unprepared and the once secret A.L.M.O.D.A was revealed to the entire world. But Aik City still had numerous threats and he was tasked to stop one such threat. The powerful super villain who called himself ''The Mystic Monolith". He spent three weeks following endless leads until he finally uncovered his lair, hidden deep within the mountains. The lair security was heavily encrypted, but the skilful agent managed to bypass all safeguards the villain had. As he walked the large hallway of the villain's lair, he avoided all of his robo minions, but he wasn't sure what to expect when he reached his target. He managed to catch The Mystic Monolith off guard and managed to apprehend him, but he failed to realise the full extent of the villain's powers and he trapped Elreak in the dimension which Elreak dubbed 'The No-Space. There is no light, no sound, just an empty void except for the ground, but due to the absence of light, he was unable to see what it looked like. Even time passed differently there, his watch was spinning like crazy until the hands flew off. He sat on the ground, just waiting for something to happen. He felt his body absorb some weird kind of energy that surrounded him but as it was causing no harm to him, he paid little attention to it. He eventually escaped to what he believed 3 hours later, thanks to the help of A.L.M.O.D.A's leading engineer. He returned through a dimensional tear that they had built, allowing for a stable portal to the No-Space. But the world was... different. The new buildings, the new design of the rebuilt agency which he thought was the A.L.M.O.D.A which had actually become F.L.A.R.G.O.N. He quickly realised that he was no longer in the year 2010, but instead, 3 years had passed and it was now 2013. There were new agents, new uniforms, new rules, new equipment, and that was just in F.L.A.R.G.O.N. It was all too much for him. So he retired from the agency and stayed in his house for weeks on end. He felt time catch up with him, the 15 year old turn into an 18 year old in a matter of days. But his best friend, Arika, persuaded him to come out, to come and see the new world and get to know it. He did so, but noticed that not only the world was different, but he too was different. He found that the energy he absorbed allowed him to tap into the No-Space energy, allowing him to manipulate the world around him. He found that time seemed to moved very slowly, but in reality, he was able to move insanely fast and was also stronger than he once was. Later on, he could also tear open the dimensional barrier, manipulate time and more. But he was unable to control his speed and newfound strength, when he tried to stop a robbery, he tried to help using his enhanced speed but ended up only making things worse. He tried to run towards the criminal and grab the gun out of his hand, but he shattered the criminal's entire arm and then proceeded to run into a nearby wall, causing half a building to come crumbling down, although no one but the criminal's arm and Elreak's self esteem was hurt, he realised that his powers were dangerous, and it would only cause more chaos if he didn't get them under control. He trained constantly so that he may get his powers under control. He also began long meditation, focusing on the world around him, unlocking the secrets of the No-Space, learning more abilities and getting them under control, so he began using them more frequently. He found that extensive use of his Speed Burst caused him to be forced back into the No-Space. So he created a Dimensional Stabiliser, allowing him to use his speed without being forced back into the No-Space. When he created his first prototype, it accidentally went off in his lab, trapping his entire house there. He found that meditation in his house in the No-Space was far more effective and allowed him to tap into it far easier than meditating back in the material plane, so he turned it into his Personal HQ known as 'The S.H.A.R.C' (Specialised Home And Research Centre). From here, he could hone his abilities without hurting anyone and conduct research on criminals without revealing his true identity to the public. He adopted the identity of The Blur and set out to make the city a better place. He fought numerous crimes and prevented The Mystic Monolith and his repeated attacks to try and take over Aik City. He joined the S.P.L.A.C.K Agency together, in hopes of working with others to stop dangers on a worldly scale. Later, his other best friend and girlfriend, Arika, got powers and she too was unable to control them. He trained her to use them in his Personal HQ. Weeks of training later, she grasped complete control over them and created the identity of Echo. The two would train, fight and regularly aid one another in battles. He then persuaded Echo to join him in the S.P.L.A.C.K Agency, shortly after, she did. But they were not as he expected and were less of a team and were more individual heroes and would often fight with one another and leave the citizens of Aik City for dead, something he wasn't looking for. So he left and with the help of his friend Echo, they created the Super Alliance.
The Blur's Private Headquarters is also known as 'The S.H.A.R.C' (Specialised Home And Research Centre) and currently remains in his old house in the No-Space. The headquarters supplies him everything he needs; from Dimensional Stabilisers to Cryopods. The S.H.A.R.C is the main place for The Blur to do all of his activities such as research, communicate via hologram, rest, focus, etc. The scanner above the door prevents anyone without authorised permission from entering. Within The S.H.A.R.C, there are cryopods, should villains require maximum security or are too dangerous to be kept on Earth. The S.H.A.R.C also includes stable portals to Earth 91939, Earth 848-Y, Earth 521 and Earth 160200. Entrance to The S.H.A.R.C can be gained by using the Teleporter in Elreak's apartment, or wandering the dark plains of the No-Space, but the security measures installed make it difficult to gain access without proper authorisation.
Unlike most members of the Super Alliance, The Blur's costume is highly crucial for using his speed. This is due to the excessive heat and friction that he creates whilst running, and as a result he does not cover his upper arms. While opting out for armour and protection, this does allow him to run freely. The suit's fabric material is made from a highly flame-retardant and friction-resistant material developed especially for The Blur by Mika Orange, to allow him to run without risk of being set on fire.
The suit is also riddled with technology that both Mika and Elreak have put in, to add to his abilities.
- Earpiece Communicator
- This device is fused into the mask that Elreak wears whilst being The Blur, and instantly connects with the SA main computer and routed through the SA Frequency.
- HUD Overlay
- The Blur has a HUD overlay whilst wearing his goggles, which can allow him to perform many self-scans and check the state of his body, along with monitoring lies and heart-rates remotely.
- Advanced Scanners
- This function is something that Blur favours, as the HUD overlay within the Blur's goggles can allow him to perform many different tasks, from viewing recordings to scanning blood-types.
- Heart-Rate Monitor
- Like in all SA costumes, there is a Heart-Rate Monitor, so that ALYSSA and any member accessing personnel vitals can ensure all members are functioning well.
- Remote Management
- In extreme situations, should Elreak be rendered unconscious or on the brink of death; ALYSSA can remotely control the suit and return it to the SA HQ.
- Holographic Display
- The Left Gauntlet can emit a holographic display that shows whatever the Touchpad is selected to; such as videos, photos and vitals.
- Speed Regulator
- The Touchpad upon the Left Gauntlet can control how much energy the Dimensional Stabiliser is to siphon off, either increasing or decreasing The Blur's speed.
- Gauntlet Touchpad
- The Left Gauntlet is equipped with a touchpad that allows The Blur to perform a variety of functions from Regulating Speed, to showing a Holographic Display.
- Voltage Overload
- Stored energy within the Dimensional Stabiliser can be expelled, sending a concentrated blast of electricity across Elreak's body. While painful, it can break the connection of mind control, etc.
- A.I Compatibility
- The Blur stores the original copy for ALYSSA within his tech, with her advanced processing power; she can communicate and aid The Blur even when he perceiving the slow world.
- Isolated Camera
- The Blur has a camera within the suit constantly recording; so that it can be used to playback video, should they need to.
- Power Siphon
- Energy siphoned from The Blur running at high speeds is turned into electric energy within the Dimensional Stabiliser, where it is stored to power the functions of the suit.
Although the full extent of the powers are unknown, these are the ones currently used by The Blur.
- Speed Punches
The Blur can use his enhanced speed to rapidly attack enemies using a variety of martial arts at superspeed.
- Speed Aura
The Blur can vibrate the cells in his body to create a temporary shield protecting him from such things as Fire, Radiation, Bullets, etc. But he can only do this for 15 seconds as it uses up a lot of his energy.
- Speed Burst
The main ability of The Blur is his increased speed, it is one of most frequently used powers. It enables his to run at insane speeds.
- Steal Speed
The Blur can temporarily steal the kinetic energy of an object or person to temporarily increase his speed for 20 seconds. How much kinetic energy he gets depends on the object or person.
The Blur can temporarily siphon off his speed into an object or person, giving them or it, the ability to move at superspeed. But like Steal Speed, this only lasts for 20 seconds, then the speed is returned to The Blur.
- Dimensional Tear
The Blur can use his powers to rip open the barrier dimensional barrier between the normal world, the Shadow Realm, various Earths and the No-Space. It is unknown what the extent of this ability is, but it causes extreme drain on his powers.
- Wind Barrier
The Blur can run around a certain area at his top speed to create a barrier of wind energy. This is used to restrict villains, explosions and more to a certain area. This power was first used during the event known as 'Lifeline' and currently remains the only time he has used it.
- Cross Dimensional Communication
The Blur can manipulate the No-Space and essentially turn it into a transmitter, which allows him to turn his spoken word into messages that can be sent to anyone with the receiver back on his Earth. This has only been used a few times as it can be tricky to get right and has most notably been used during the event known as ‘Lifeline’ where upon getting his powers back, The Blur used it to contact Echo, telling her of his predicament.
- Energy Expel
Should The Blur have his Dimensional Stabiliser be damaged, he can release the contained Sieah Energy to increase his speed almost tenfold, allowing him to reach speeds of around Mach 200. The consequence of travelling at the extreme speed for prolonged periods of time causes immense damage to The Blur's body, making his very cells break apart, killing him in excruciating agony and reducing him to nothing.
- Time Bubble
The Blur and Echo can combine powers to create a bubble of frozen time. This is accomplished by Echo creating her Sonic Shield around a group of enemies then The Blur runs at Mach 17 around the bubble to freeze time within it. The time can only be frozen for as long as The Blur continues running around the bubble, meaning this combo is rarely used.
- Ultrasonic Shockwave
The Blur and Echo can combine powers to create a shockwave that temporarily deafens all those in range. This is accomplished by Echo creating her Sonic Shield, The Blur then punches it at Mach 6 to create a shockwave of Ultrasonic Sound. But because it will temporarily deafen everyone within a mile, it too is rarely used, unless they are somehow able to contain it.
- The Blur is highly trained in a variety of Martial Arts ranging from Kickboxing, to Tae Kwon Do.
- Unlike most speedsters, The Blur does not see time slower whilst running; instead he perceives the world around to move incredibly slowly at all times. This is both a blessing and a curse; as he can react to his environments the nano-second that they happen, but it also makes him incredibly lonely and easily frustrated as talking means he has to slow himself down drastically then wait for a response.
- The Blur can heal injuries faster than most. Although it is not overly fast, it is fast enough to heal a broken arm in a day.
- The Blur can use his enhanced speed to run up or along vertical surfaces.
- The Blur can catch projectiles and absorb their kinetic energy, increasing his speed, or he can redirect them back towards the point of origin.
These are written should The Blur ever turn rogue. Use at your own risk.
- Although The Blur is insanely fast, surfaces with zero friction cause difficulty for him to run.
- Blinding The Blur is a very effective way to prevent him from using his powers. He won't be able to run without risking destroying a building or hurting people. He also can't fight what he can't see, can he?
- Somehow preventing The Blur from accessing the No-Space will cause him to become powerless as he can't get any energy.
- The Blur can only travel at Mach 10 until he starts to encounter problems. Any faster and he will break the Dimensional Barrier and create a dimensional portal forcing him back into the No-Space (but this will also cause him extreme pain as he is physically ripped from one dimension to another), to avoid this, The Blur uses a Dimensional Stabilizer that allows him to reach speeds up to Mach 20 (But he can go faster). Damaging The Blur's Dimensional Stabilizer will cause him to be forced into the No-Space (in most circumstances), trapping him there until he can repair his Dimensional Stabilizer.
- Forcing The Blur to use up majority of his energy will prevent him from using such powers as Dimensional Tear, Time Bubble, Time Manipulation, After Image and Speed Aura.
- The Blur's constant need to be a hero will force him to always save the one in need. Taking hostages are a good tactic, especially his friends.
- A strong weakness of The Blur is his inability to withstand absolute zero temperatures.
- The Blur requires gravity to stay to the ground so that he is able to run. Lack of gravity will cause many issues for him.
- Restraints powered by friction / speed will prevent The Blur from running anywhere. Although it will not render him completely powerless, it was cause many issues for him.
- The Blur's Steal Speed ability will often overload the Dimensional Stabiliser forcing The Blur back into the No-Space.
- The Blur's relationship with Echo makes her an easy target, as he will often save her, even if it means his own life.
- The Blur sharing his speed will leave him weak and slow. He will not use this ability unless he really had to, but if he does use it, it is a perfect time to take advantage of his lack of speed.
- The Blur can heal faster using his enhanced regenerative ability, but that doesn't protect him from lethal doses of radiation.
- Somehow getting a form of muscle relaxant into The Blur's system will prevent him from being able to move and use most of his powers.
- The Blur will temporarily lose his powers if within close proximity with Lorecsa Radiation. But this is a very rare form of radiation and it has only been used against him by one villain, who happens to be made from it.
- When attacked with electricity, the power will often surge through The Blur's body and eventually overload his Dimensional Stabiliser, so not only does it extremely hurt him, but it also forces him to become slower or return to the No-Space.
Echo is one of The Blur's best and only friends. She encouraged him to see the new world, instead of staying inside his apartment like a hermit. She supported him to use his powers to help others in need. When she got powers, he helped her to control them and supported her decision to be a hero just as she had. Although they don't like to show it as their superhero counterparts, Echo and The Blur have a relationship far beyond just friendship. But as of the event known as 'Lifeline', the two realised how much they needed one another, and following The Blur's recovery period, the two got engaged and are now happy to express their feelings for one another in public.
Toxi is one of The Blur's best and only friends. She helped him return home when he was trapped on another Earth, and when he asked her to come with him... She said yes. Without her, he would have died numerous times and would have been dead long ago. Sure, not everything was great, and there were often downsides... But they stuck by each other and stopped Monolith.
[Being written. :D]
[Being written. :D]
Although it is not directly stated in any records, The Blur and The Mystic Monolith appear to have a history as The Blur often resorts to reasoning with him, rather than attacking him, leading people to believe that they were once friends. The Mystic Monolith's full abilities have never been recorded, so it is unknown what powers he possesses except for his ability to also tap into the No-Space and rip open the dimensional barrier. Apart from that, their abilities differ dramatically from one another. His whereabouts is currently unknown, but he has attacked various key places in Aik City, but there appears to be no connection between each place. He is not known to have a sidekick, although there have been criminals claiming to be his followers. The Blur is extensively investigating anything that may be related to The Mystic Monolith in his free time, but so far, all have been dead ends. The Mystic Monolith has been reported numerous times in Aik City wreaking havoc, but every time The Blur foils his plans, The Mystic Monolith escapes before he is able to apprehend him.
[More to be written...]
Like every Blur on each Earth, this Blur has a theme that plays whilst he is running. (Obviously, this never happens in-game, but I thought you'd be interested in hearing what I listen to when he's running, which I myself actually created just for him!)
Hello! I am currently in the process of writing a number of The Blur novels that expand the story in much greater detail. These stories feature a more in depth version of the origin, and feature a number of brand new adventures that have never been seen before and help explain the origins of other heroes and villains, as well as introduce a few new ones, but there is a long way to go till they are complete to the point I am happy with. The Super Alliance will still play a role within the novels, as will his friends, but this series is more about The Blur.
1. The Blur - Beginnings
The origin of The Blur is developed, revealing more truth behind Elreak's past, ultimately leading up to his acquirement of his superpowers and becoming; The Blur.
[Link to come when finished]
2. The Blur - Retribution
The brand new, never before seen adventures of The Blur begins, starting with the task of apprehending all the new villains that have arisen in Aik City.
[Link to come when finished]
3. The Blur - Distortion
After chasing Chrono into the timestream, The Blur reappears in Aik City, but not as he left it. After much research, he learns Chrono accidentally altered the timeline, causing powered humans to never have existed, except for an unknown speedster that uses his powers to rule the city with an iron fist. On top of that, all of Elreak's friends have become cold and distant, much to his distaste. Without the help of any other heroes and his friends, it is up to Elreak to stop this new speedster, find Chrono and restore the timeline before the changes become permanent.
[Link to come when finished]
4. The Blur - Aftermath
Elreak restored the timeline, but with a few key differences. The Super Alliance is now hated by the civilians and the S.P.L.A.C.K agency has taken it's place in their hearts, The Mystic Monolith has become mayor of Aik City, and Echo no longer has feelings for him. Elreak needs to restore the timeline once again, but cannot do so without Chrono’s help, who has mysteriously vanished.
[Link to come when finished]
5. The Blur - Lifeline
After stopping the nuclear detonation created by Radion by travelling at a speed of Mach 200 through the use of his Energy Expel and Steal Speed abilities, The Blur is believed to be dead, when in reality, he is stuck within a mysterious dimension similar to the No-Space. Without the help of his friends, Elreak must find his way out and return to the material plane, but it is not as easy as it would seem.
[Link to come when finished]
6. The Blur - Repercussions
After Elreak went into exile and most members of the Super Alliance going off world, Aik City has been overrun by the criminals Elreak let into the world due to the extreme breach he caused. Elreak must return to being The Blur and save the city, with the help of a few remaining member of the Super Alliance.
[Link to come when finished]
7. The Blur - Culmination
The thrilling conclusion to The Blur saga. Elreak continues to protect the city from the countless threats with the help of his friends, but when The League of Super Criminals and the S.P.L.A.C.K agency all team up to destroy the Super Alliance and it's members, all-out war will arise.
[Link to come when finished]